Saturday, August 14, 2010

Week of August 8

Accountability....another reason I began this blog! It's been a little tougher this week getting going.
On Sunday, Dan and I went downtown to see what was left of Hot August Nights. We parked and walked a good mile, but didn't see much as most people had packed up and left. Next year we won't wait so long.
Monday evening we walked a mile up the street. Weather was perfect...but I was still quite out of breath. I received a wonderful suggestion from my good friend Barbie B. about having a goal for my walking. I think she is right, my overall goal of feeling better is not enough to drive me out the door. Note to self...come up with a reachable goal!
Tuesday evening we changed up our route and walked around the neighborhood, one mile.
Wednesday morning...shortened walk, out of breath.
Thursday we drove to Tahoe and walked the sandy beach at Sand Harbor. We did more sunning than walking though.
Wish I could say I walked Friday and Sat...but alas...it was stormy...strong winds, lightning, hail and torrential rain. No wait...I was just lazy...
Let's hope for a better week next...and meanwhile I'll think of some practical goals.
(p.s. the next couple of days are going to be in the triple digits...seriously...so I need to get out early in the morning)

No comments:

Post a Comment