Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mrs. Humpty Dumpty

Oh for crying out loud...last night while finishing our walk, I took a spill while trying to step up onto the curb (so much for climbing Kilo) :-)

After Dan literally picked me up, helped me inside and bandaged by boo boos I went to bed thinking "hope I didn't break anything"! I'm fine...just a few scrapes and bruises. Jeeze...

So...turns out the shortness of breath may not just be the altitude. I've got a stress test coming up to determine what's going on with the ticker. In the meantime...diet, diet, diet and more walking...or perhaps tonight a swim...as it is kinda hot out.

Doc says a cortisone shot might do the trick for this tricky hip. Good news.

I printed out my goal list from yesterday and posted it on my mirror. Also been researching some food plans and found the "low glycemic" one might be perfect. It's a matter of "eating this, and not that", more than just not eating, so I like it! Portion control is not such a problem, as is eating the wrong food. So yay!

3 comments:

  1. Great blog Mom! I found it. I don't get the title, is it a foreign language?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also posted your blog on my Twitter to my 180 followers, so hopefully you'll get more traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like it Dan! The title is Kilimanjaro spelled backwards...:-)

    ReplyDelete